Following the heavy rainfall and floods in Kerala, there were unexpected and destructive landslides, following which 324 people have lost their lives, said the Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Kerala has been witnessing a rainfall that has not hit the state in the past 50 years.
Due to this unfortunate historic rainfall recorded, many parts of Kerala have been affected heavily, and most of the areas of the state have been submerged under water. With the rains continuing still, rivers, lakes and water bodies have been overflowing, and this has lead to the opening of 33 dams, and due to the opening of dams, water has entered into many villages.
With many people losing their homes
as well as their properties, they have been made to settle temporarily in
relief camps, and due to the non-stop rain, a red alert has been issued in 13
districts. Train and flight services have been canceled, and now while CM
Pinarayi Vijayan had said in the morning that the death toll was 164, now by
evening it has risen to 324. This has been the worst disaster in the past, and
223139 people have been lodged in more than 1500 relief camps.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know