Following the heavy rainfall and floods in Kerala, there were unexpected and destructive landslides, following which 324 people have lost their lives, said the Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Kerala has been witnessing a rainfall that has not hit the state in the past 50 years.
Due to this unfortunate historic rainfall recorded, many parts of Kerala have been affected heavily, and most of the areas of the state have been submerged under water. With the rains continuing still, rivers, lakes and water bodies have been overflowing, and this has lead to the opening of 33 dams, and due to the opening of dams, water has entered into many villages.
With many people losing their homes
as well as their properties, they have been made to settle temporarily in
relief camps, and due to the non-stop rain, a red alert has been issued in 13
districts. Train and flight services have been canceled, and now while CM
Pinarayi Vijayan had said in the morning that the death toll was 164, now by
evening it has risen to 324. This has been the worst disaster in the past, and
223139 people have been lodged in more than 1500 relief camps.
TN govt against Gaja! The remedial measures and precautionary activities done by the Tamilnadu government have received instant appreciation and praises from people all over the state. Due to the instant action and swift measures taken by the government lots of lives have been saved, and after the Gaja cyclone attack, now rescue mission is in progress,. Gaja cyclone had crossed the sea yesterday morning at Vedaranyam between Cuddalore and Pamban
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!