Lucknow sources stated that after renaming Mughalsarai as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Nagar, the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has now sent a letter to the centre, seeking its approval to rename three airports in the state. Accordingly the airports to be renamed are Bareilly, Kanpur and Agra and all three are defense airports but the state government is in consultation with the Airports Authority of India to facilitate flyers under the regional connectivity scheme in these airports.
Meanwhile the UP civil aviation minister Nand Gopal Nandi said renaming of the three airports was long awaited. “We have reached out to the Centre to get the airports renamed. As per report a meeting with the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation is expected soon. Moreover according to a proposal from the state civil aviation department, the Bareilly airport is to be named ‘Nath Nagri’, which is believed to be an ancient name of the city for its history of having ardent worshipers of Lord Shiva.
Furthermore Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath belongs
to the Nath sect and is the ‘Mahant’ (priest) of Gorakhnath temple. Moreover he
had earlier renamed the civil terminal of IAF’s Gorakhpur airport as Maha Yogi
Gorakhnath Airport, founder of ‘Nath Pant’ (monastic movement). Kanpur’s
Chakeri airport is proposed to be named after freedom fighter Ganesh Shankar
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes