Lucknow sources stated that after renaming Mughalsarai as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Nagar, the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has now sent a letter to the centre, seeking its approval to rename three airports in the state. Accordingly the airports to be renamed are Bareilly, Kanpur and Agra and all three are defense airports but the state government is in consultation with the Airports Authority of India to facilitate flyers under the regional connectivity scheme in these airports.
Meanwhile the UP civil aviation minister Nand Gopal Nandi said renaming of the three airports was long awaited. “We have reached out to the Centre to get the airports renamed. As per report a meeting with the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation is expected soon. Moreover according to a proposal from the state civil aviation department, the Bareilly airport is to be named ‘Nath Nagri’, which is believed to be an ancient name of the city for its history of having ardent worshipers of Lord Shiva.
Furthermore Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath belongs
to the Nath sect and is the ‘Mahant’ (priest) of Gorakhnath temple. Moreover he
had earlier renamed the civil terminal of IAF’s Gorakhpur airport as Maha Yogi
Gorakhnath Airport, founder of ‘Nath Pant’ (monastic movement). Kanpur’s
Chakeri airport is proposed to be named after freedom fighter Ganesh Shankar
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open