Chennai sources stated that the city based commercial vehicle major said in a statement Hinduja Group flagship Ashok Leyland said it has bagged an order from the Bangladesh Road Transport Corporation to supply 300 double-decker buses. Meanwhile the delivery of buses to BRTC will take place within eight months. Meanwhile Bangladesh is one of our key export markets and this order further strengthens our position. Company Managing Director, Vinod K Dasari said “Winning this order in Bangladesh is yet another testimony of our leadership in the country”.
He said "Our in-depth understanding of public transport and understanding of the market and customers is what differentiates us and has helped us win this order". Furthermore the company has been making a 'strong focus' on exports to de-risk from cyclicality in Indian market and to globalize the product portfolio.
Moreover recently, Ashok Leyland's UK subsidiary
Optare PLC bagged an order for supply of 31 units of 'electric double-decker'
buses from Transport for London. Accordingly the shares of Ashok Leyland were
trading at Rs 128.40 apiece, up by 1.82% over the previous close in BSE.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?