According to sources following the demise of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, 7 day mourning has been declared by the Centre and most of the states in the country have already declared a holiday. Meanwhile as many as 13 states have declared Friday as a holiday, while the Andhra Pradesh government is in no mood to mourn Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s death.
As per report in Telangana, several educational institutions and government offices have been closed as part of the mourning. Moreover AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu too announced that the state would also mourn for a week and however, Naidu said as Atalji had also wished not to take leave and worked relentlessly for the country, the state government did not announce Friday as holiday.
Accordingly Delhi, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh,
Bihar, Tamilnadu, Pudducherry were among several other states that have
announced holiday. Moreover the funeral of the former prime minister took place
at 4 pm yesterday at Rashtriya Smiti Sthal in Delhi. Hence the national flag
will be flown at half mast.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7