According to sources following the demise of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, 7 day mourning has been declared by the Centre and most of the states in the country have already declared a holiday. Meanwhile as many as 13 states have declared Friday as a holiday, while the Andhra Pradesh government is in no mood to mourn Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s death.
As per report in Telangana, several educational institutions and government offices have been closed as part of the mourning. Moreover AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu too announced that the state would also mourn for a week and however, Naidu said as Atalji had also wished not to take leave and worked relentlessly for the country, the state government did not announce Friday as holiday.
Accordingly Delhi, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh,
Bihar, Tamilnadu, Pudducherry were among several other states that have
announced holiday. Moreover the funeral of the former prime minister took place
at 4 pm yesterday at Rashtriya Smiti Sthal in Delhi. Hence the national flag
will be flown at half mast.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam