Due to the huge quantities of Cauvery river water coming from Karnataka into Tamilnadu, a flood alert has been issued for 11 districts of Tamilnadu. Currently, after heavy rains in Karnataka, huge quantity of Cauvery water
have been opened to Tamilnadu. At present the level of water that has been released into Tamilnadu is 1.55 lakhs cubic feet, and it has been expected that today the water released will be 2.50 lakhs cubic feet.
Over the past few days, there
have been heavy rainfall in areas of Karnataka like Wayanad, Madikeri, as a result of which the Kabini dam had filled faster, leading to the release of the overflowing wate from the dam into Tamilnadu. With large quantity of Cauvery water flowing in, there has been flood situation in Hogenakkal dam.
flood danger, a flood alert has been issued to Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Salem, Erode, Tanjavur, Namakkal, Karur, Trichy, Nagapattinam, Thiruvarur, Ariyalur districts of Tamilnadu and to Karaikkal district of Pondicherry. The Central water resources management committee has given a flood alert for the 6th time to Cauvery catchment areas, informing the people to be safe.
Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction! Balapur Ganesh laddu has set a new record this year in the auctions as it fetched Rs.16.6 Lakhs! Srinivas Gupta of Arya-Vysya committee has owned the Laddu after a huge competition in this auction...
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!