Islamabad sources reported that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is likely to visit Pakistan in the first week of September to hold talks with newly elected Prime Minister Imran Khan on issues of mutual interests. Meanwhile Pompeo, who is expected in Islamabad on September 5, would be the first foreign dignitary to meet Prime Minister Khan.
Accordingly Khan, 65, was sworn in as Pakistan's 22nd prime minister at a simple ceremony in Islamabad. Furthermore as per report the US has welcomed the swearing-in of Khan as new Prime Minister and said that it was looking forward to work with Pakistan's new civilian government to promote peace and prosperity in the country and in the region. Presently the relations between Pakistan and the US nose-dived after President Donald Trump in January accused Islamabad of giving nothing to Washington but "lies and deceit" and providing "safe haven" to terrorists.
Moreover Alice Wells, who heads the Bureau for South Asian affairs at the
State Department, may also accompany Pompeo. Further Wells noted that the new
leader had also recognized the importance of US and Pakistan relationship in
his public statements and in his first meeting with US Embassy officials in
Islamabad. Meanwhile in his victory speech last month, Khan said he wants a
balanced relation between Pakistan and America which should be mutually
beneficial, not one sided.
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon Gurgaon sources stated that inaugurating the expressway, PM Modi said, "It is a significant day for Haryana and it will bring about a transport revolution in the state." Hitting out at the earlier UPA government, PM Modi said that the expressway should have been ready a decade ago, during the Commonwealth Games, but due to corruption, it was delayed.
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019