The meteorological department of Kerala has withdrawn the red alert, as rains have reduced to a good extent in Kerala, and this has given a temporary respite to the people of Kerala. For the past 1 month, Kerala has been witnessing a historic rainfall never witnessed by the state in the past hundred years, and due to the extremely heavy rainfall and floods, more than 350 people lost their lives.
More than 3 lakhs people lost their homes, and the losses of the state have been estimated to be around 19512 crores approximately, as estimated by the state government. Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi had surveyed aerially, around the areas of Kerala that have been hit badly by rains and floods, and as the first step, had announced an allocation of 500 crores relief fund for Kerala, though CM Pinarayi Vijayan had requested funds of 2000 crores. 58 National disaster relief forces have been deployed in 8 districts of Kerala, and they are involved currently in rescue operations and in providing medical aids to people.
While yesterday red alert was issued
to Kasargod, Trivandrum, Kollam districts among other districts, following the
reduction of rainfall, the meteorological department has withdrawn the red
alert. However an orange alert has been given to 10 districts, and 2 more
districts have been issued yellow alert. Patinamthitta, Idukki and Ernakulam
are expected to be hit by heavy rains, till August 20.
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli