The meteorological department of Kerala has withdrawn the red alert, as rains have reduced to a good extent in Kerala, and this has given a temporary respite to the people of Kerala. For the past 1 month, Kerala has been witnessing a historic rainfall never witnessed by the state in the past hundred years, and due to the extremely heavy rainfall and floods, more than 350 people lost their lives.
More than 3 lakhs people lost their homes, and the losses of the state have been estimated to be around 19512 crores approximately, as estimated by the state government. Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi had surveyed aerially, around the areas of Kerala that have been hit badly by rains and floods, and as the first step, had announced an allocation of 500 crores relief fund for Kerala, though CM Pinarayi Vijayan had requested funds of 2000 crores. 58 National disaster relief forces have been deployed in 8 districts of Kerala, and they are involved currently in rescue operations and in providing medical aids to people.
While yesterday red alert was issued
to Kasargod, Trivandrum, Kollam districts among other districts, following the
reduction of rainfall, the meteorological department has withdrawn the red
alert. However an orange alert has been given to 10 districts, and 2 more
districts have been issued yellow alert. Patinamthitta, Idukki and Ernakulam
are expected to be hit by heavy rains, till August 20.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?