The meteorological department of Kerala has withdrawn the red alert, as rains have reduced to a good extent in Kerala, and this has given a temporary respite to the people of Kerala. For the past 1 month, Kerala has been witnessing a historic rainfall never witnessed by the state in the past hundred years, and due to the extremely heavy rainfall and floods, more than 350 people lost their lives.
More than 3 lakhs people lost their homes, and the losses of the state have been estimated to be around 19512 crores approximately, as estimated by the state government. Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi had surveyed aerially, around the areas of Kerala that have been hit badly by rains and floods, and as the first step, had announced an allocation of 500 crores relief fund for Kerala, though CM Pinarayi Vijayan had requested funds of 2000 crores. 58 National disaster relief forces have been deployed in 8 districts of Kerala, and they are involved currently in rescue operations and in providing medical aids to people.
While yesterday red alert was issued
to Kasargod, Trivandrum, Kollam districts among other districts, following the
reduction of rainfall, the meteorological department has withdrawn the red
alert. However an orange alert has been given to 10 districts, and 2 more
districts have been issued yellow alert. Patinamthitta, Idukki and Ernakulam
are expected to be hit by heavy rains, till August 20.
Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process Washington sources reported that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo set a deadline by which North Korea must denuclearize, saying that the process must be completed by January 2021, when President Donald Trump's current term would end. Meanwhile in a statement, Pompeo also expressed his desire to meet with his North Korean counterpart, Ri Yong-ho, next week in New York during the United Nations General Assembly.
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india