Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, Edappadi Palanisamy has announced that 50 villages in Erode district are severely affected by floods. Due to the heavy rainfall in Karnataka and around Cauvery river catchment areas over the past few weeks, all the water bodies and dams were opened and water had been released due to the overflow. This has resulted in the filling and overflowing of Bhavani River and Kollidam River in Trichy, following which water had flooded into many houses.
Chief minister Edappadui Palanisamy had been to Erode and Namakkal districts to analyze the conditions in the localities totally hit by rains and floods. After his survey of the rain hit areas, Edappadi Palanisamy had said that 50 villages in Erode district are badly hit by rains, and due to continuous rains, dams were opened. He added that 7000 people have been relocated to relief camps, and around 1976 houses were destroyed in the rains.
Crop relief will be given to the
farmers badly hit by the rains, and replacement houses will be built for people
who have lost their homes, and Kudimaramathu activities will be done
completely, said the chief minister.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open