According to sources ninety one year old Padmavathi Amma was sleeping on a mat on the floor while 1.5 year old Neelu was being breastfed by her mother. Meanwhile Neelu was cheerful, but Padmavathi Amma did not seem to notice the presence of strangers, where next to her is her 65 year old daughter Omana. Omana said “We were 25 people in total, all the neighbors put together and we all stayed on its terrace. A kutta vanchi(country boat) rescued four or five of us, then we were 20 people waiting for the rescue team”.
Meanwhile then they saw helicopters flying overhead, they tried to get their attention by screaming and lighting candles, but they had to wait for more than a day.
Further 21 year old Vaisakhi and her mother Geetha
are in tears, for they have lost all that they had earned in their lifetime. Earlier
Vaisakhi’s wedding was fixed for Sunday, but had to be cancelled due to the
floods. Diocese priest Lesly P Cherian says “They are trying to provide as many
facilities as we can and moreover the diocese members have been very
supportive, donating materials and working as volunteers at the camp”.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open