According to sources ninety one year old Padmavathi Amma was sleeping on a mat on the floor while 1.5 year old Neelu was being breastfed by her mother. Meanwhile Neelu was cheerful, but Padmavathi Amma did not seem to notice the presence of strangers, where next to her is her 65 year old daughter Omana. Omana said “We were 25 people in total, all the neighbors put together and we all stayed on its terrace. A kutta vanchi(country boat) rescued four or five of us, then we were 20 people waiting for the rescue team”.
Meanwhile then they saw helicopters flying overhead, they tried to get their attention by screaming and lighting candles, but they had to wait for more than a day.
Further 21 year old Vaisakhi and her mother Geetha
are in tears, for they have lost all that they had earned in their lifetime. Earlier
Vaisakhi’s wedding was fixed for Sunday, but had to be cancelled due to the
floods. Diocese priest Lesly P Cherian says “They are trying to provide as many
facilities as we can and moreover the diocese members have been very
supportive, donating materials and working as volunteers at the camp”.
Donations pouring into CMPRF for Cyclone Gaja As per report a day after TN Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami announced Rs 1000 crore as relief money towards the damages caused by Cyclone Gaja, a government order was issued on Tuesday with more details on how the money would be spent. Meanwhile other than the government, many other political parties, individuals and companies have pitched in resources to bring the affected
- P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!