Accordingly amidst the growing crisis of heavy rainfall, overflowing rivers and flooded areas, aid and assistant from several parts of India and overseas have ensured safety and supply of basic relief to the affected people and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan attributes this to the unity of the people.
The CM said in a press meet that “The reason for the success is the unity of our land, where any Keralite can proudly say this and moreover to bring them together and work as one also makes the government proud, it was a big challenge to join all aspects to solve the crisis. Centre forces and democracy are the strength of our land's political culture. That's what helped us survive this, gave confidence to the government”.
Even though there were suggestions to hand over the
rescue operations completely to the Army, the CM said, "Only those
who know the land can lead the rescue operations and the disaster they faced
was not limited to one area but spread to all districts." Moreover according to official
figures, 58,506 people were rescued and 33 people died and this takes the death
toll to 368. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who reached Kerala,
announced an interim relief of Rs 500 crore for the state, although the CM
informed that the state has suffered a loss of Rs 19,512 crore, per initial
assessment. Pinarayi also requested for an immediate assistance of Rs.2,000
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!