Accordingly amidst the growing crisis of heavy rainfall, overflowing rivers and flooded areas, aid and assistant from several parts of India and overseas have ensured safety and supply of basic relief to the affected people and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan attributes this to the unity of the people.
The CM said in a press meet that “The reason for the success is the unity of our land, where any Keralite can proudly say this and moreover to bring them together and work as one also makes the government proud, it was a big challenge to join all aspects to solve the crisis. Centre forces and democracy are the strength of our land's political culture. That's what helped us survive this, gave confidence to the government”.
Even though there were suggestions to hand over the
rescue operations completely to the Army, the CM said, "Only those
who know the land can lead the rescue operations and the disaster they faced
was not limited to one area but spread to all districts." Moreover according to official
figures, 58,506 people were rescued and 33 people died and this takes the death
toll to 368. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who reached Kerala,
announced an interim relief of Rs 500 crore for the state, although the CM
informed that the state has suffered a loss of Rs 19,512 crore, per initial
assessment. Pinarayi also requested for an immediate assistance of Rs.2,000
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?