Accordingly amidst the growing crisis of heavy rainfall, overflowing rivers and flooded areas, aid and assistant from several parts of India and overseas have ensured safety and supply of basic relief to the affected people and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan attributes this to the unity of the people.
The CM said in a press meet that “The reason for the success is the unity of our land, where any Keralite can proudly say this and moreover to bring them together and work as one also makes the government proud, it was a big challenge to join all aspects to solve the crisis. Centre forces and democracy are the strength of our land's political culture. That's what helped us survive this, gave confidence to the government”.
Even though there were suggestions to hand over the
rescue operations completely to the Army, the CM said, "Only those
who know the land can lead the rescue operations and the disaster they faced
was not limited to one area but spread to all districts." Moreover according to official
figures, 58,506 people were rescued and 33 people died and this takes the death
toll to 368. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who reached Kerala,
announced an interim relief of Rs 500 crore for the state, although the CM
informed that the state has suffered a loss of Rs 19,512 crore, per initial
assessment. Pinarayi also requested for an immediate assistance of Rs.2,000
P. Chidambaram questions KCR about providing 1 Lakh Govt Jobs Accordingly Rajya Sabha MP, Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram questioned the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government in Telangana on the promises it made when it came to power in 2014. Chidambaram in a statement “Although this is a State election, Telangana is one of five States that are holding elections in November-December. Hence, these elections have acquired a national
- Can you guess who Winner of Telangana Elections is?
- Vijayashanthi upset for not having photos of Female Leaders in posters?
- Amit Shah accused Pinarayi government treating Ayyappa devotees like Gulag inmates
- USD 1.3 billion aid to Pakistan will remain suspended: Donald Trump
- TRS loses MP close to election!
- Father kills daughter brutally!
- Fresh revelations on dog meat controversy!
- Is Central govt watching Gaja?
- Chennai to get Rain for next 48 Hours
- What is the mood inside Janasena party?
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy quits TRS, joins Congress
- Sachin says Sports & Education should go together
- Delhi faces Poor Air Quality in Mornings
- Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?