Sources from Bhavani stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palanisamy on Sunday assured compensation for crop loss due to the floods caused by heavy discharge of water from the state's dams and permanent houses for the affected people. Accordingly the dams, including Mettur and Bhavanisagar, have been discharging huge volumes of water in view of continuing high inflows from Karnataka reservoirs like Krishnarajasagar.
Meanwhile the discharge has resulted in inundation of a slew of villages and submergence of standing crops along the banks of Cauvery, (its tributary Bhavani in Erode) in several districts of Tamilnadu. Palanisamy said "Presently, inflow into the Bhavanisagar dam is 21,000 cusecs and discharge is 3,000 cusecs and from the Mettur reservoir the outflow is 2 lakh cusecs and the inflow is about 1.95 lakh cusecs".
Furthermore the chief minister, who was speaking to
reporters after inspecting flood affected areas in Erode district, said the
government would disburse compensation for damaged crops proportionate to the
extent of loss. He said “As many as 7,832 people have been sheltered in relief
centres in Erode district, 263 houses fully damaged and 114 partially damaged,
while a total of 1,599 houses have been inundated”. Moreover the chief minister
visited relief centres and distributed rice, vessels and blankets to the
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar