Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan's new Prime Minister Imran Khan was sworn in at a ceremony in Islamabad on Saturday, ushering in a new political era as the World Cup cricket hero officially took the reins of power in the nuclear armed country. Meanwhile the ceremony at the President's House in the capital marks the end of decades of rotating leadership between the ousted Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), punctuated by periods of army rule.
Moreover following Imran Khan’s official appointment as Prime Minister, current wife and first lady Bushra Maneka expressed she was afraid rather than happy. “He is sure Imran Khan will fulfill his promises to Pakistan. Allah has given us a great responsibility, where power comes and goes. Imran Khan aims to eliminate poverty from the country and he wants to improve the health and education system in Pakistan”.
Moreover Imran swore to "bear true faith and
allegiance to Pakistan", and to "discharge his duties and perform his
functions honestly, to the best of his ability and always in the interest of
the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of
Pakistan". Furthermore Khan had invited the rest of the 1992 cricket team
to the ceremony, and fast bowler Wasim Akram was pictured smiling among the
crowd. Meanwhile another cricketer turned politician, India's Navjot Singh
Sidhu, was seated in the front row and earlier warmly embraced the powerful
Pakistan army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam