Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan's new Prime Minister Imran Khan was sworn in at a ceremony in Islamabad on Saturday, ushering in a new political era as the World Cup cricket hero officially took the reins of power in the nuclear armed country. Meanwhile the ceremony at the President's House in the capital marks the end of decades of rotating leadership between the ousted Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), punctuated by periods of army rule.
Moreover following Imran Khan’s official appointment as Prime Minister, current wife and first lady Bushra Maneka expressed she was afraid rather than happy. “He is sure Imran Khan will fulfill his promises to Pakistan. Allah has given us a great responsibility, where power comes and goes. Imran Khan aims to eliminate poverty from the country and he wants to improve the health and education system in Pakistan”.
Moreover Imran swore to "bear true faith and
allegiance to Pakistan", and to "discharge his duties and perform his
functions honestly, to the best of his ability and always in the interest of
the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of
Pakistan". Furthermore Khan had invited the rest of the 1992 cricket team
to the ceremony, and fast bowler Wasim Akram was pictured smiling among the
crowd. Meanwhile another cricketer turned politician, India's Navjot Singh
Sidhu, was seated in the front row and earlier warmly embraced the powerful
Pakistan army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!