Sources from Panaji stated that popular ecologist Gadgil said like in some other states, Goa, too, is witnessing activities which are driven by greed for unlimited profits, who headed a committee that authored a widely debated study on the Western Ghats a few years ago. He said, reacting to the worst ever floods in the southern state that "Certainly all sorts of problems are beginning to surface on the environmental front in the Western Ghats. Goa, of course, does not have Western Ghats which are as high as in Kerala, but he is sure Goa will also experience all sorts of problems”.
He said "You have seen it in Goa too and the Union government constituted Justice M B Shah Commission has estimated illegal profits of Rs 35,000 crore from illegal mining and there is also enormous profit in the business of stone quarrying while there is very little investment”.
Meanwhile the 73 year old expert said "In Goa,
they had asked him to look into the impact of mining on environment, where every
EIA suppressed fact about hydro logical impact of mining”. Moreover "On
`sadas' (plains) of Goa there are a lot of streams which are originating but
they don't mention about them in their EIA reports. All kind of false statements
are made in these reports”.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?