New Delhi sources stated that fugitive billionaire Nirav Modi is in the UK, officials there have confirmed to India for the first time. Meanwhile the CBI has moved a request to London to extradite the celebrity jeweler, who is wanted for loan fraud. Recently the UK authorities confirmed Nirav Modi's presence on Sunday through a mail responding to a diffusion notice by the CBI to the Interpol.
Moreover an official was quoted as telling news agency said Nirav Modi, along with his uncle Mehul Choksi, is accused in the Rs. 13,500 crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud. Earlier they left India in January, weeks before the massive bank scam erupted. Previously the government had told parliament that an extradition request for Nirav Modi had been sent to the Indian mission in UK.
Accordingly the request has been sent by a Special Diplomatic Bag to the
High Commission of India in London, VK Singh, Minister of State for External
Affairs, had said in parliament. Moreover Nirav Modi is the 29th fugitive India
has asked the UK to extradite since 2002. Furthermore India had cancelled the passports
of both Mehul Choksi and Nirav Modi in February, but that hasn't stopped Nirav
Modi from travelling to various countries.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers