DMK's general body meeting has been planned to be held on August 28. DMK supreme Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away following age related ailments and deterioration of health on August 7, at Chennai's Kauvery hospital at 6:10 pm. After his death, and after a legal battle against the Tamilnadu government, Karunanidhi's memorial was set near Anna memorial at Marina.
Following this, the DMK meet was held on August 4 at Arivalayam. Now, with tense situation prevailing within the party, the DMK general body meeting is scheduled to be held on August 28 as announced by the DMK core committee yesterday. The meeting will be presided over by DMK leader MK Stalin, and senior leader Anbazhagan has announced that the elections for the posts of DMK treasurer and President will be held on the same date.
Most probably, DMK President role
will be with MK Stalin, though there are no official confirmations. On August
28, all the DMK cadre and members from all over the state will be assembling,
and this is the first general body meeting of DMK post the demise of M
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites