God's own country Kerala has been slowly returning to normalcy after being hit by heavy rains and raging floods and unexpected landslides, as rains have lessened in the past 2 days. The Southwest monsoon rains began in June in Kerala. While the rains began on a normal note, suddenly they turned violent and became huge. Due to this, the whole of Kerala was flooded, and many areas witnessed landslides, and destruction of thousands of houses in the state.
Due to the rains and floods, more than 400 people lost their lives, and many people are missing in the state. More than 8 lakhs were rescued and settled in relief camps, and there are around 5645 relief camps in the state now. Many have been facing troubles after being stuck in water and waiting to be rescued. For the 5th day, relief materials have been given in relief camps, including food, and many other states have been lending a helping hand to Kerala.
Since 2 days, the rains have
reduced, and the meteorological department of Kerala has announced that for the
next 5 days, there won’t be heavy rains in the state, and the people of Kerala
are having a sigh of relief after getting to know this news. Due to the
reduction of rains and the drying of floods, slowly Kerala is returning to
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day