A person who had posted a derogatory comment on people of Kerala who are impacted by heavy rains, floods and landslides, has been terminated from his job by Hypermarket group of companies. Lulu Hypermarket is a popular supermarket outlet in Muscat, with its base in Kerala. Rahul Cheru Palayattu is working in the outlet as cashier, and his recent comment on face book had lead to huge outrage.
After a person had commented on supplying of sanitary napkins to people who are impacted by floods in Kerala, Rahul had replied asking if the people of Kerala need condoms as well. This comment had sparked a controversy on face book and he faced huge anger from netizens. Rahul had posted a video apologizing for his insensitive remark in Kerala, and had said that he had posted the comment in an inebriated state, and that he regretted posting that comment. He had also said that his comment had lead to a situation of him losing his job, and had said that he will not be sharing such derogatory comments again.
However, Lulu groups had ordered termination of
Rahul from his job, and Lulu group posted the termination letter on their face book
page. The letter from the Lulu HR manager Naseer Salim stated that he had been
terminated with immediate effect following his insensitive remark on face book,
and that he must handover all his properties to the manager, and get his
accounts settled from the accounts department.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?