As per report the Holy Kaaba was adorned with a new cover or “Kiswa” on Monday in an annual process carried a day before Muslims mark Eid Al Adha. Usually, every year, the gatekeepers of the Kaaba carry a delicate, precise task to change the silky black cloth embroidered with gold which is draped over the holy structure. Recently the Saudi Press Agency said 160 artisans and technicians have taken part in yesterday’s re-adorning of the new cover.
Furthermore close-up pictures showed members of the team stand on a mobile escalator to place the fabric as they weave parts of it to fit on the structure and the process occurs annually on the 9th of Dul Hijja, which marks the second day of Hajj. Moreover on this day, as Muslims head to Mount Arafat to witness the most important ritual during pilgrimage, the Kaaba gets its old cover replaced with a new one.
Mansouri said that the Kiswa is
made from about 670 kg of raw silk, which is dyed black, 120 kg of gold threads
and 100 kg of silver threads and is covered with cotton-lined silk. Kiswa is 14
meters in length and in its third quarter part there is a belt which is 95 cm
wide and 47 m. long, consisting of 16 pieces surrounded by a square of Islamic
designs and consists of 5 pieces, while the fifth piece is the curtain which
covers the entrance of the Kaaba.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers