As per report the Holy Kaaba was adorned with a new cover or “Kiswa” on Monday in an annual process carried a day before Muslims mark Eid Al Adha. Usually, every year, the gatekeepers of the Kaaba carry a delicate, precise task to change the silky black cloth embroidered with gold which is draped over the holy structure. Recently the Saudi Press Agency said 160 artisans and technicians have taken part in yesterday’s re-adorning of the new cover.
Furthermore close-up pictures showed members of the team stand on a mobile escalator to place the fabric as they weave parts of it to fit on the structure and the process occurs annually on the 9th of Dul Hijja, which marks the second day of Hajj. Moreover on this day, as Muslims head to Mount Arafat to witness the most important ritual during pilgrimage, the Kaaba gets its old cover replaced with a new one.
Mansouri said that the Kiswa is
made from about 670 kg of raw silk, which is dyed black, 120 kg of gold threads
and 100 kg of silver threads and is covered with cotton-lined silk. Kiswa is 14
meters in length and in its third quarter part there is a belt which is 95 cm
wide and 47 m. long, consisting of 16 pieces surrounded by a square of Islamic
designs and consists of 5 pieces, while the fifth piece is the curtain which
covers the entrance of the Kaaba.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day