After rescuing more than 1 lakh people of Kerala from the dangerous floods, the fishermen of Kerala returned to their native places, where they were given a rousing reception. Kerala has been witnessing an unprecedented heavy rainfall over the past few weeks, leading to floods and landslides, destroying houses and properties, besides also killing more than 400 people.
This has been something that was never before witnessed by the state in the past 100 years, and that rescue operations were intensified. Rescue mission happened with the help of boats to reach people who could be accessed through boats and for the places where water had teacher extreme heights through helicopters. Along with army, Navy, and air force, the Kerala fishermen were also playing a prominent role in rescue operations and now after rescuing lakhs of people from near death situation, the fishermen of Kerala returned to their homes, and they were given a great reception in their native places.
Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan had praised their sincere efforts and called them as real superheroes, and had also announced rewards and recognition for the selfless service rendered by the Kerala fishermen to help people.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code