Chennai sources reported that the Madras High Court on Monday ordered the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to publicize in media that stringent action would be taken against institutes not following the board's 'no homework' rule for class 1 and 2 students. Meanwhile Justice N Kirubakaran passed the order on a plea by advocate M Purushothaman seeking direction to the CBSE to follow only syllabus and books prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training.
As per report when the plea came up for hearing before Justice Kirubakaran, the CBSE produced a copy of the circular which said it had issued similar circulars on September 15, 2004, and on September 12, 2016, saying there should not be any homework assigned to students of classes 1 and 2. Moreover according to CBSE affiliation bylaws, schools affiliated to the board must satisfy its advisory saying no school bag and no homework for students up to class 2.
The board said "It is also reiterated that since NCERT is an academic
authority for classes 1 to 8, all schools may ensure that CBSE circular dated
April 17, 2007, on reducing the satchel load and homework for children, is scrupulously
followed”. Further recording the submission, the judge asked the counsel for
CBSE on the mechanism it has to ensure that all the institutes implement the
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party