The Chennai high court has ordered that for the purpose of constructing 8 way road in Salem, the owners of the lands seized must not be removed from their places until the next order comes in this regard. The TN government had been confiscating lands for the construction of Salem 8 way road, and this included agricultural lands and lands that had been traditionally in use for houses.
Land confiscation had been happening in places like Salem, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Kanchipuram, Thiruvannamalai,and many other places, The Farmers had been protesting against confiscation of their lands. The Tamilnadu government had supported the plans of the central government worth 10000 crores, to construct the 8 way road, and had started laying foundation after confiscating farmer's lands.
This plan will lead to loss of 7000
acres of land and 13000 trees. Following this, the farmers had filed a case in
Chennai high court, and the bench under justice Sivagnanam said that this was a
wrong practice, and ordered not to evacuate land owners until the next order
comes from the court. The court has planned the next hearing on September 10.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar