Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that coming as a major relief for Kerala, which is struggling to deal with the aftermath of the recent floods, the United Arab Kingdom has promised an assistance of Rs 700 crore. Meanwhile Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan informed the media about this in a press meet, adding that he was grateful to the UAE. The CM said the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheik Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan informed this to Lulu Group Chairman MA Yusuff Ali.
As per report the UAE administration has communicated this to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday. Pinarayi Vijayan said “For scores of Keralites, Gulf is their second home. Keralites are not mere workers there and if we take the population and houses there, a Keralite would have some kind of connection with many of the houses there. Sheik Mohammed has communicated to the Prime Minister about their decision to help. He would like to express my gratitude to the UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Vice President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid on behalf of Malayalee”.
Moreover CM added “The promise of assistance is
something that gives us strength, it implies that the world community is with
us”. Furthermore Chief Minister said that rebuilding was going to need a lot of
funds and the amount allotted for Kerala’s annual outlay in this fiscal year is
Rs 37,248 crore.
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth