As per report the government is asking the RBI to review its policies in several areas where the central bank should be allowed to operate without interference as this is not an entirely new fight. Meanwhile the successive RBI governors after Bimal Jalan have had to fight for operational independence with the finance ministry, but the current set of disagreements comes at a bad time.
Furthermore emerging markets in general are under pressure. Accordingly India is still some time away from achieving financial stability by solving the twin balance sheet problem bad assets at banks and corporate hamstrung from raising credit. Further riding roughshod over the central bank could easily lead to heavy capital outflows and delay the rehabilitation of the banking system.
Moreover if the government amends the RBI Act to
force the central bank to cough up more dividend, it will set a dangerous
precedent and hence this is not to say that there is no need for debate about
the effectiveness of RBI’s regulation over the banking system. RBI should be
set to high standards and taken to task if it fails. As per report the correct
way to change policy would be set clear goals and objectives the flexible
inflation targeting framework is a great example and allow RBI the operational
room to do its job
Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front? Hyderabad sources reported that K T Rama Rao, who is the son of Telangana Chief Minister and TRS President K. Chandrashekhar Rao, also known as KCR, along with some other leaders of the party will hold talks with Jaganmohan Reddy, who is the Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh Assembly. Meanwhile this will be the first direct talks between the leaders of two parties since KCR floated
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India