As per report the government is asking the RBI to review its policies in several areas where the central bank should be allowed to operate without interference as this is not an entirely new fight. Meanwhile the successive RBI governors after Bimal Jalan have had to fight for operational independence with the finance ministry, but the current set of disagreements comes at a bad time.
Furthermore emerging markets in general are under pressure. Accordingly India is still some time away from achieving financial stability by solving the twin balance sheet problem bad assets at banks and corporate hamstrung from raising credit. Further riding roughshod over the central bank could easily lead to heavy capital outflows and delay the rehabilitation of the banking system.
Moreover if the government amends the RBI Act to
force the central bank to cough up more dividend, it will set a dangerous
precedent and hence this is not to say that there is no need for debate about
the effectiveness of RBI’s regulation over the banking system. RBI should be
set to high standards and taken to task if it fails. As per report the correct
way to change policy would be set clear goals and objectives the flexible
inflation targeting framework is a great example and allow RBI the operational
room to do its job
Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23 As per report Bengaluru, Mysuru and a few other places in southern Karnataka are expected to receive rain showers this week due to the influence of cyclone Gaja, set to make landfall in Tamilnadu on Wednesday. Meanwhile the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC) has predicted cloudy weather with light rains in Bengaluru on November 16.
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!