Accordingly a leader of fishermen, who have won widespread praise by rescuing hundreds caught up in the Kerala floods, on Monday refused to accept Rs 3,000 offered to each member of the community by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Meanwhile Khais Mohammed from Fort Kochi said in a video post that he and his colleagues were happy to hear the words of praise from the Chief Minister for the role they played in going to the remotest areas amid pouring rain and dangerous waters to rescue the marooned.
Mohammed said “We are really happy that he and his friends rescued several people and further what made them happier was when you said that fishermen are your army," but after that, we heard that for our services we will be paid Rs 3,000. Sir, that made us really sad as we do not want money for saving the lives of fellow humans”. Moreover he, however, added that all the fishermen were happy that the government had promised to repair their damaged boats free of cost.
He added "That's good news, but we do not want
money for saving lives". Further Fishermen from major fishing centres
reached the worst hit Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Ernakulam and Thrissur
districts with their boats after unprecedented rains and the opening of sluice
gates of dams spread misery.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites