Thoothukudi sources stated that the one man commission probing the Thoothukudi violence in which 13 persons were killed in the police firing, had summoned a dead man to appear before its enquiry. Previously the summon which was dispatched on August 13 to Glaston (42), son of Koilpitchai of Mettupatti street, Therespuram here, ordered Glaston to appear for enquiry of police firing before retired Judge, Aruna Jagadeesan, chairperson of the commission, by 10 am on August 29, unaware of the fact that Glaston was one among the 13 killed in the firing.
Meanwhile besides ordering the dead person to appear before it without fail with all documents to support his version of the violence, the panel also added that if he failed to appear, the inquiry would be taken ahead without his version. Furthermore this flaw of the commission has been criticized by anti-Sterlite activists, who have been demanding an inquiry by a sitting high court judge.
Moreover when summoning a dead person for inquiry without even knowing that
he was one among the persons killed in the firing, shows the inept manner in
which the government is handling the inquiry.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?