Due to the flooding in Kollidam River, the things in homes of more than 700 houses in the nearby locality have been washed away, thereby troubling the people who were living peacefully so far in the houses. There have been extremely heavy rain falls in Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu's Western Ghats zones and due to this, the excess water in Karnataka's Krishnarajasagar and Kabini dams were opened out.
Due to the excess water overflowing, Tamilnadu's Bhavani and Amaravathi dams were filled and excess water was released into Cauvery. As water came at the rate of 2.35 cubic feet per minute, the water was diverted from Mukombu to Kollidam and Cauvery. The Kollidam flooding had entered Pazhaiyar port to enter the sea. Due to water flow of 2 lakhs cubic feet per minute in Kollidam, water had entered into Ullamuthalaimedu and Nadhalpadugai villages. 2000 people residing in these villages were evacuated immediately with the help of boats, and they were made to stay in Aachalpura, and Manganapattu.
However, the things in more than 700
houses of these villages were washed away by the flood, and the people of the
villages who are affected badly, are demanding relief materials from the
government. Due to the floods, 500 acres of crops were affected in
Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS? According to sources AP Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu revealed that he wanted to contest the elections in alliance with the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) in Telangana state but the BJP had spoiled these plans. Meanwhile he claimed that if the TDP and TRS ally, the Telugu people would become strong. Hence the BJP had created differences and spoiled the alliance between the TDP and TRS.
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers
- PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi