Due to the flooding in Kollidam River, the things in homes of more than 700 houses in the nearby locality have been washed away, thereby troubling the people who were living peacefully so far in the houses. There have been extremely heavy rain falls in Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu's Western Ghats zones and due to this, the excess water in Karnataka's Krishnarajasagar and Kabini dams were opened out.
Due to the excess water overflowing, Tamilnadu's Bhavani and Amaravathi dams were filled and excess water was released into Cauvery. As water came at the rate of 2.35 cubic feet per minute, the water was diverted from Mukombu to Kollidam and Cauvery. The Kollidam flooding had entered Pazhaiyar port to enter the sea. Due to water flow of 2 lakhs cubic feet per minute in Kollidam, water had entered into Ullamuthalaimedu and Nadhalpadugai villages. 2000 people residing in these villages were evacuated immediately with the help of boats, and they were made to stay in Aachalpura, and Manganapattu.
However, the things in more than 700
houses of these villages were washed away by the flood, and the people of the
villages who are affected badly, are demanding relief materials from the
government. Due to the floods, 500 acres of crops were affected in
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day