Despite the huge losses caused by the heavy Kerala rains, people have got united irrespective of religion, caste or cultural differences. A help, irrespective of whom it comes from, be it a rich or a poor, and whichever form it reaches, ultimately it gets termed as a noble deed. At a time when people of the country have been worried that caste and religion differences have kept people divided, the Kerala rains have brought people together and have proved the brotherly relationships existing among people from different backgrounds.
The army has been exclusively deployed for rescue operations. Besides, fire service personnel and national disaster rescue teams have also been deployed for the relief activities, other than NGOs. However, several youngsters have taken the initiative by themselves to begin the clearance of floods, and the highlight is that these youngsters are Muslims, who began cleaning Hindu temples. There is a temple housing lord Vishnu in Wayanad. Several officials around, asked the youngsters if they could clean the temple so that the people who had lost homes can be made to stay there, for which the youngsters who were Muslims readily obliged saying that they are ready to do if they are allowed by temple officials.
They had cleaned the whole temple
and did not go near the main deity area, and when questioned why they did not
clean it, the Muslim youngsters said that only the priests must enter the area,
and hence they have to only do it. In a similar incident, an Aiyappan temple on
Kolapuzha was affected, and a student outfit named SKSF had come forward to
clean the temple. This act of Muslims coming forward to help by cleaning
temples, and the temple management allowing them, has proved again that people
are together, despite differences.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers