According to sources on August 17, the Twitter account of the Indian Navy shared a video of a daring rescue in Kerala floods. Meanwhile Sajitha Jabil, a pregnant woman who was stranded in a building near the Kochi airport, needed immediate help and her water bag had ruptured, and she needed to be evacuated in order to get the medical aid she needed.
Furthermore the video of Sajitha being airlifted garnered a lot of well-deserved praise for the Navy crew behind it and moreover it shows merely a glimpse of the challenges they faced in attempting and carrying out that mission. Reports added that Commander Vijay and his team had just come back from another rescue and were refueling their helicopter when they came to know about Sajitha’s case.
He narrated as “The operation was very risky
because of multiple challenges. One, the area we had to rescue her from was
very congested. Commander Vijay was also involved in rescues during the Chennai
floods of 2015 and recently what made Kerala more challenging, he says, is that
here the risks were compounded by the distances involved. Further this was an
entire state that was affected. Moreover in Chennai though, the casualties were
more because it’s much more densely populated.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code