Accordingly the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra Pradesh is doing its best to put up a Muslim friendly face ahead of the elections, after it parted ways with the BJP. Meanwhile ‘Nara hamara’, meaning AP Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu is a man of the Muslims, is a catchword promoted in the TDP boardroom in the run up to a state level convention of Muslims slated for August 28 in AP’s Guntur district.
Moreover the convention aims at projecting Naidu as a protector of Muslim interests by trying to pacify their ruffled feelings. Reports added the TDP has been blowing hot and cold towards Muslims ever since Naidu took over the party reins from founder and matinee idol NT Rama Rao. Furthermore the support of Muslims minorities, constituting 9-11% in AP, is crucial to any mainstream party fighting for power in the state.
The surveys carried out by independent agencies
during the previous election revealed that Muslims would decide the fate of
candidates in 22-25 Assembly segments out of 175 and could influence polls in
another 10 constituencies in the four districts of Rayalaseema and another four
coastal districts from Nellore to Krishna. Presently
Naidu has begun to
woo Muslims to make up for the loss his party is likely to suffer due to Jana
Sena leader Pawan Kalyan parting ways with the TDP..
Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja According to sources as rescue operations are underway in cyclone Gaja affected areas of Tamilnadu’s coastal and delta districts, several actors from the state have stepped forward to do their bit. As per report it was stated that actors Sivakumar, Suriya, Karthi and Jyotika have together announced a donation of Rs 50 Lakh from their production house 2D Entertainment as relief fund for
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals