According to report the Sabarimala temple in Kerala will remain closed to the public until further notice due to the overflowing Pamba River. Meanwhile the temple was closed on August 13 following massive floods. According to the temple authorities, the floods have caused damage worth Rs 100 crore to its infrastructure. As per report A. Padmakumar, President of the Travancore Devasom Board which manages the Sabarimala temple, told the media that they had no other option but to close it down.
Moreover the sluice gates of two dams that form a part of the Sabarigiri project were opened after heavy rains and subsequent floods ravaged places in and around the temple town and however, all the religious rituals of the temple will be conducted. Furthermore following the decision, several pilgrims from Tamilnadu who had planned for a pilgrimage have cancelled their trip.
Previously it was reported that Ayyappa
temple at Sabarimala will remain temporarily inaccessible to pilgrims following
flooding of the Pampa Triveni Bridge. Moreover the bridge was submerged
due to water gushing from the opening of two dams as a result of heavy downpour
in the districts. Further the pilgrims traveling to Sabarimala were
instructed not to visit the temple as the river was flowing in full spate in
the region. Presently the district administration was monitoring the situation
and had restrained devotees at Erimeli and Pathanamthitta.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India