As per report Thiruvananthapuram MP and former diplomat Shashi Tharoor said Kerala government can seek assistance of the United Nations to rebuild the flood ravaged state, if needed, through organizing an 'international reconstruction conference', on Wednesday. Meanwhile based on his conversations with several UN aid agencies officials in Geneva during August 20-21, Tharoor asked the state to examine whether it requires the situation in Kerala to be assessed by the various agencies of the United Nations.
Tharoor said "Depending on whether the quantum of long term reconstruction assistance from the central government is adequate, the state government could give thought to holding an international reconstruction conference to 'Rebuild Kerala better' in partnership with the UN system so that significant international assistance in reconstruction can be facilitated”.
Furthermore since most rescue work is complete in
the state, it could request two million WHO stock of anti-cholera vaccines to
minimize the risk of grave water borne diseases, he suggested, as offered by
the agency during his visit. Moreover after meeting the officials of UN Office
for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), World Health Organization
(WHO), and International Red Cross, in informal capacity, Tharoor explored ways
through which situation in Kerala can be alleviated.
PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections Chennai sources stated that deputy chief minister O Panneerselvam announced on Tuesday the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) will support the AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in the forthcoming general elections. As per report the PMK will contest on six Lok Sabha seats and will be given one Rajya Sabha seat and the PMK, has a support base in northern Tamilnadu, especially among the OBC Vanniyar community.
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees
- Why India raised Pulwama attack issue at Munich Conference?
- RBI found large divergence in the books of Yes Bank
- Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech!
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan