As per report Tamilnadu government has taken a decision to procure the eggs required for the mid-day meal schemes in schools from poultry farmers directly. Meanwhile as per reports, the reform in procurement will now allow only poultry farmers to take part in the tender process for supplying eggs intended for the scheme.
Furthermore as per report the new decision also has reduced the tender period from one year to six months. Previously, the tenders were issued for one year and it allowed middlemen also to take part in it. Moreover based on the new norms, poultry farmers with more than Rs 10 crore as annual turnover for the past three years are eligible to apply. However, up to three farmers can apply together if their combined annual turnover crosses Rs 10 crore and the applicants must be capable of producing at least 1 lakh eggs a day.
Moreover the egg procurement process of Tamilnadu
was the subject of controversy recently when Union Minister Pon
Radhakrishnan alleged that there was a scam worth Rs 5,000 crore in
the procurement of eggs for the noon-meal scheme for government schools in
Tamilnadu. Further the state government, however, had rubbished the claims of
the minister and said that the IT raids were conducted for alleged tax evasion
and it did not mean that there were irregularities in the supply of eggs to
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day