As per report Tamilnadu government has taken a decision to procure the eggs required for the mid-day meal schemes in schools from poultry farmers directly. Meanwhile as per reports, the reform in procurement will now allow only poultry farmers to take part in the tender process for supplying eggs intended for the scheme.
Furthermore as per report the new decision also has reduced the tender period from one year to six months. Previously, the tenders were issued for one year and it allowed middlemen also to take part in it. Moreover based on the new norms, poultry farmers with more than Rs 10 crore as annual turnover for the past three years are eligible to apply. However, up to three farmers can apply together if their combined annual turnover crosses Rs 10 crore and the applicants must be capable of producing at least 1 lakh eggs a day.
Moreover the egg procurement process of Tamilnadu
was the subject of controversy recently when Union Minister Pon
Radhakrishnan alleged that there was a scam worth Rs 5,000 crore in
the procurement of eggs for the noon-meal scheme for government schools in
Tamilnadu. Further the state government, however, had rubbished the claims of
the minister and said that the IT raids were conducted for alleged tax evasion
and it did not mean that there were irregularities in the supply of eggs to
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing