Chennai sources reported that the Tamilnadu government has transferred several top Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officers in the state. Meanwhile in the order issued on Thursday evening, some of the notable transfers include that of Sunil Paliwal, the Principal Secretary, Higher Education Department who is now posted as the Principal Secretary to Government, Labour and Employment Department. Sunil Paliwal is being replaced by Mangat Ram Sharma. T Udhayachandran, who is the Secretary to Government (Curriculum), School Education Department has now been posted as the Commissioner of Archaeology.
Moreover Ashok Dongre IAS, the erstwhile Additional Chief Secretary/Commissioner of Economics and Statistics has been posted as the Managing Director of Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Tamilnadu government transferred 16 IPS officers in the state including a woman Superintendent of Police who had alleged sexual harassment by an IG-level officer. Incidentally, the IG-level officer was not touched in that regime.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?