Sources from Canberra stated that Former treasurer Scott Morrison is set to replace to Malcom Turnbull as Australia's sixth Prime Minister in just over 10 years, following a leadership vote on Friday which ended a week of chaos. Accordingly a member of the ruling Liberal party's conservative faction and former immigration Minister, Morrison defeated former Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton by 45 votes to 40 at a closed door leadership vote shortly earlier in the day.
Meanwhile Marino added that Minister for the Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg, had been elected as Deputy Prime Minister. Furthermore the development followed days of speculation and confusion over whether Turnbull could maintain his grip on the premiership in the face of a conservative uprising.
Moreover the leadership crisis began on Tuesday following a backlash in
the Liberal Party over Turnbull's climate change policy, which would have
legislated the Paris Agreement goals. Further Dutton, a leader in the party's
conservative faction, stood against Turnbull for the leadership in a vote on
Tuesday, losing only narrowly by 48 votes to 35 and all but guaranteeing a
second vote. Further Morrison's election to the top of the Liberal Party is
just the latest in a revolving door of leadership changes in the Australian
capital in the past decade.
Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23 Hyderabad sources reported that campaigning for the December 7 Telangana Assembly polls would hit top gear during the next fortnight with top leaders, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, former Congress president Sonia Gandhi, set to address public meetings in the state. Meanwhile with the process of filing nominations coming to a close on Monday,
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!