Sources from Canberra stated that Former treasurer Scott Morrison is set to replace to Malcom Turnbull as Australia's sixth Prime Minister in just over 10 years, following a leadership vote on Friday which ended a week of chaos. Accordingly a member of the ruling Liberal party's conservative faction and former immigration Minister, Morrison defeated former Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton by 45 votes to 40 at a closed door leadership vote shortly earlier in the day.
Meanwhile Marino added that Minister for the Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg, had been elected as Deputy Prime Minister. Furthermore the development followed days of speculation and confusion over whether Turnbull could maintain his grip on the premiership in the face of a conservative uprising.
Moreover the leadership crisis began on Tuesday following a backlash in
the Liberal Party over Turnbull's climate change policy, which would have
legislated the Paris Agreement goals. Further Dutton, a leader in the party's
conservative faction, stood against Turnbull for the leadership in a vote on
Tuesday, losing only narrowly by 48 votes to 35 and all but guaranteeing a
second vote. Further Morrison's election to the top of the Liberal Party is
just the latest in a revolving door of leadership changes in the Australian
capital in the past decade.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees