Sources from Canberra stated that Former treasurer Scott Morrison is set to replace to Malcom Turnbull as Australia's sixth Prime Minister in just over 10 years, following a leadership vote on Friday which ended a week of chaos. Accordingly a member of the ruling Liberal party's conservative faction and former immigration Minister, Morrison defeated former Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton by 45 votes to 40 at a closed door leadership vote shortly earlier in the day.
Meanwhile Marino added that Minister for the Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg, had been elected as Deputy Prime Minister. Furthermore the development followed days of speculation and confusion over whether Turnbull could maintain his grip on the premiership in the face of a conservative uprising.
Moreover the leadership crisis began on Tuesday following a backlash in
the Liberal Party over Turnbull's climate change policy, which would have
legislated the Paris Agreement goals. Further Dutton, a leader in the party's
conservative faction, stood against Turnbull for the leadership in a vote on
Tuesday, losing only narrowly by 48 votes to 35 and all but guaranteeing a
second vote. Further Morrison's election to the top of the Liberal Party is
just the latest in a revolving door of leadership changes in the Australian
capital in the past decade.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar