Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan has requested the people of Kerala to celebrate Onam festival by spending money for flood relief activities. The rains which played Havoc in the lives of Kerala people had resulted in deaths of more than 400 people besides loss of houses and properties, and delivered a disaster never before seen by the state in past 100 years.
Listening to the request of chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan to offer help, helping minds from various states of the country and from other nations as well started pouring help, and in this situation, Pinarayi Vijayan had given a statement. He had announced that due to the natural disaster faced by Kerala the government has cancelled the Onam festival celebrations, and that the money allocated for Onam celebrations will be utilized for flood relief activities.
This decision was welcomed by all
people as well. Following help from various corners and with the rains
subsiding, Kerala started rebuilding itself and now Pinarayi Vijayan has
requested people to celebrate Onam by helping flood relief activities, and
vowed to rise and rebuild Kerala, and his words have motivated the people of
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers