3 days of the upcoming two weeks are going to be deciding factors for the future of DMK party. DMK has been facing a huge restructuring of the party as most of its leaders are seniors who are on the verge of retiring from political life and hence lots of new policies and changes are to be implemented in the party in the coming weeks.
DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away on August 7 at the Kauvery hospital Chennai, following age related ailments and health deterioration, and the working President MK Stalin has been confronted by numerous issues before him, starting from the selection of members for different roles. DMK has in the past faced many such scenarios like Anna becoming the leader, Anna becoming CM, Kalaignar becoming DMK leader and becoming CM, vaiko's exit and now DMK is facing similar crisis situations.
August 28 is the next key date for
DMK as the working committee meeting will be held and it is expected that
Stalin will be elected party president while Anbazhagan, Kanimozhi and Duraimurugan
are in contention for the post of treasurer. The next date of August 31 will
have a memorial meeting for Kalaignar and this meeting which will be attended
by BJP leader Amit Shah but not by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has Already
Sparked talks of new alliances. The third date of September 5 will most
probably witness MK Alagiri forming a new party or issuing a sensational
announcement against DMK.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!