According to sources News from home was even more upsetting then they imagined. Sitting thousands of miles away, in the US, they felt helpless as they heard about the floods in Kerala destroying homes and lives. Meanwhile then they quietly began a fundraising campaign on Facebook and in 8 days raised more than $1.5 million, which amounts to more than Rs 10.5 crore, where this would be given to the Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund.
As per report Arun Nella, who co-founded a startup apart from running other businesses in Chicago, got the idea, speaking to a group of friends. “The support given by five of them is what made the fundraiser happen”. Furthermore joining him in the fundraiser was Ajomon, another businessman based in Chicago.
Moreover after receiving news of the amount donated
by them, a letter came to them from M Sivasankar IAS, secretary to Kerala Chief
Minister, inviting Arun and Ajomon to a meeting with the CM. The letter says “It
is my pleasure to invite you to come down to Kerala and meet the Hon. Chief
Minister and receive our State’s gratitude in person”. Further Arun reveals
that the fundraiser had to be closed because it was started as a personal
fundraiser and he had to check the taxes and other formalities.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues