New York sources reported that in a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen yesterday, the Business Roundtable urged a rethink of recent directives from Washington that have thrown the status of workers into doubt and are damaging the recruitment of talent. The roundtable said in the letter "Few workers will move their family and settle in a new country if, at any time and without notice, the government can force their immediate departure often without explanation”.
Furthermore it was reported that "At a time when the number of job vacancies is reaching historic highs due to labour shortages, now is not the time restrict access to talent." The Business Roundtable represents most of the biggest US companies and the group has criticized the Trump administration before on immigration, while praising the White House for cutting taxes and regulation. Meanwhile among those chief executives signing the letter are Apple's Tim Cook, JPMorgan Chase's Jamie Dimon, Coca-Cola's James Quincey, IBM's Ginni Rometty and Marriott's Arne Sorenson.
Moreover the executives faulted US Citizenship
and Immigration Services, which is under Nielsen's authority, for having
inconsistent determinations that can result in sudden denials to employees who
have been successfully permitted for years. Furthermore in some cases, these
problems affect employees permitted under at the H-1B program, which lets firms
hire skilled foreign recruits to fill specialized positions.
10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing Beijing sources reported that around 10,000 people are expected to take part in a "Plant-Based Festival" in Beijing this weekend as many people in China are pursuing healthy, eco-friendly and trendy lifestyles and has prompted especially the younger generation, to go Vegan. Meanwhile when featuring
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment