New York sources reported that in a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen yesterday, the Business Roundtable urged a rethink of recent directives from Washington that have thrown the status of workers into doubt and are damaging the recruitment of talent. The roundtable said in the letter "Few workers will move their family and settle in a new country if, at any time and without notice, the government can force their immediate departure often without explanation”.
Furthermore it was reported that "At a time when the number of job vacancies is reaching historic highs due to labour shortages, now is not the time restrict access to talent." The Business Roundtable represents most of the biggest US companies and the group has criticized the Trump administration before on immigration, while praising the White House for cutting taxes and regulation. Meanwhile among those chief executives signing the letter are Apple's Tim Cook, JPMorgan Chase's Jamie Dimon, Coca-Cola's James Quincey, IBM's Ginni Rometty and Marriott's Arne Sorenson.
Moreover the executives faulted US Citizenship
and Immigration Services, which is under Nielsen's authority, for having
inconsistent determinations that can result in sudden denials to employees who
have been successfully permitted for years. Furthermore in some cases, these
problems affect employees permitted under at the H-1B program, which lets firms
hire skilled foreign recruits to fill specialized positions.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam