According to sources Telangana Rashtra Samithi MP K Kavitha said it was a short film made by a boy called Vamsi that inspired her to take up the #Sisters4Change initiative that encourages women to gift a helmet to their brothers on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, besides tying the Rakhi. Meanwhile the TRS leader shared her thoughts on the success of her campaign with a leading newspaper.
Further the launched last year on the occasion of the birthday of her brother, IT Minister K Taraka Rama Rao, better known as KTR, the noble initiative was a big hit among women across the country. Hence the Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Smriti Irani, badminton stars Jwala Gutta and Saina Nehwal, cricketers Mithali Raj, Gautam Gambhir, Virendra Sehwag and many other celebrities came forward in support of this campaign, presently this time around, as we approach Raksha Bandhan 2018 (Sunday).
Moreover in Kavitha's words, governments and the rules never appealed
to the youth when it came to road safety. She said "Youth of today have
lame excuses for not wearing the helmet when riding a motorcycle and she believes
it is the love of sisters that can make the change happen. Sisters can play a
major role in improving the awareness on road safety with this initiative”.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome