As per report the rains have mellowed down and the water that rose to scary heights in houses and streets has seeped away, but people in Kerala are not able to return home soon, at least not all of them. Meanwhile Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said at a press meet that there are still 8,69,124 of them living in relief camps.
Furthermore as per report there have been 265 deaths since August 8 when the rains became too heavy. Meanwhile the initial estimates suggest that 7,000 houses have been fully destroyed and 50,000 partially, but people will have to go back to their lives, and they will be given Rs 10,000 as they return home. Further they could contact the camp official in charge or the revenue administration and an amount of Rs 242 Crore has been allotted from the CM’s Disaster Relief Fund for the purpose.
The CM commented that “The CMDRF has so far received Rs 535 Crore and an
instruction was made by the Supreme Court to government employees, to
contribute whatever amount they wish to, to the CM’s Relief Fund. “Some central
government employees may contribute through the PM’s fund. It is to avoid that
confusion the SC instruction came”. Moreover it was also very important to
create clean homes for people from the relief camps to go back to.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam