As per report the rains have mellowed down and the water that rose to scary heights in houses and streets has seeped away, but people in Kerala are not able to return home soon, at least not all of them. Meanwhile Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said at a press meet that there are still 8,69,124 of them living in relief camps.
Furthermore as per report there have been 265 deaths since August 8 when the rains became too heavy. Meanwhile the initial estimates suggest that 7,000 houses have been fully destroyed and 50,000 partially, but people will have to go back to their lives, and they will be given Rs 10,000 as they return home. Further they could contact the camp official in charge or the revenue administration and an amount of Rs 242 Crore has been allotted from the CM’s Disaster Relief Fund for the purpose.
The CM commented that “The CMDRF has so far received Rs 535 Crore and an
instruction was made by the Supreme Court to government employees, to
contribute whatever amount they wish to, to the CM’s Relief Fund. “Some central
government employees may contribute through the PM’s fund. It is to avoid that
confusion the SC instruction came”. Moreover it was also very important to
create clean homes for people from the relief camps to go back to.
ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) stated that the countdown had begun for the Wednesday evening launch of India's heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III, carrying communication satellite GSAT-29 at the rocket port in Sriharikota. According to the Indian space agency standing at 43.4 metre tall and weighing 640 ton, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III) had taken off at 5.08 pm on Wednesday.
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day