According to sources six people have been killed by floodwaters in Taiwan, officials said yesterday, after days of heavy rain forced thousands to evacuate their homes. Meanwhile a tropical depression has been dumping torrential rain in central and southern Taiwan since Thursday, with some districts receiving close to 1,000 millimeters of rainfall.
Reports added that six have died in the storm so far, according to government figures, including three who were killed by a falling scaffold in the southern city of Kaohsiung and almost 100 more were injured. Officials said more than 6,000 people were evacuated with more than 1,100 still in shelters on Saturday morning. Furthermore images showed residents in Kaohsiung and nearby Tainan wading in knee deep water, as well as soldiers in central Chiayi county carrying elderly residents and children from their flooded homes.
Moreover television footage also showed scooters and cars half-submerged
in water and roads blocked by landslides. Further although the depression has
already moved northwest away from Taiwan, floods have yet to recede in many
areas. Hence Taiwan's weather bureau said the severity of the downpour was
"extremely rare" and the island is frequently hit by typhoons in the
summer. Last year more than 100 people were injured when Typhoon Nesat battered
the island, causing flooding and widespread power outages
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy