According to sources six people have been killed by floodwaters in Taiwan, officials said yesterday, after days of heavy rain forced thousands to evacuate their homes. Meanwhile a tropical depression has been dumping torrential rain in central and southern Taiwan since Thursday, with some districts receiving close to 1,000 millimeters of rainfall.
Reports added that six have died in the storm so far, according to government figures, including three who were killed by a falling scaffold in the southern city of Kaohsiung and almost 100 more were injured. Officials said more than 6,000 people were evacuated with more than 1,100 still in shelters on Saturday morning. Furthermore images showed residents in Kaohsiung and nearby Tainan wading in knee deep water, as well as soldiers in central Chiayi county carrying elderly residents and children from their flooded homes.
Moreover television footage also showed scooters and cars half-submerged
in water and roads blocked by landslides. Further although the depression has
already moved northwest away from Taiwan, floods have yet to recede in many
areas. Hence Taiwan's weather bureau said the severity of the downpour was
"extremely rare" and the island is frequently hit by typhoons in the
summer. Last year more than 100 people were injured when Typhoon Nesat battered
the island, causing flooding and widespread power outages
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open