Chennai sources reported that the Crime Branch CID (CB-CID) police informed the Madras high court that assistant professor Nirmala Devi, arrested in connection with Madurai Kamaraj University sex scandal, has ‘voluntarily’ confessed during custodial interrogation that she tried to lure girl students only to offer sexual favors to other two accused in the case Murugan and Karuppasamy.
According to report the ASP, Lavanya informed in an affidavit filed before the court that with the assistance of cybercrime cell, the Call Data Records (CDR) of Nirmala Devi, Karuppasamy and Murugan were obtained from Mobile Service Providers (MSP). During investigation, it was found that the accused had conspired and Nirmala Devi on various occasions induced four girl students for sexual exploitation.
Moreover the ASP filed the affidavit in response to a PIL filed by D
Ganesan of the Revolutionary Students’ Youth Front (RSYF) seeking a direction
to constitute a special investigation team (SIT), comprising women police
officers, who are led by a gender-sensitive officer in the rank of DIG. Further
the division bench headed by Justice Huluvadi G Ramesh referred the PIL to the
first bench headed by Chief Justice VK Tahilramani.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees