Krishna sources stated that the Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is notching up in its efforts to set up the Missile Test Launch Facility in the Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary (KWS) in the district here. Earlier on Friday, an Expert Appraisal Committee of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) granted environmental clearance for setting up the Facility in 155 hectares in the Sanctuary at Gullalamoda Village of Nagayalanka Mandal here.
As per report previously the National Board for Wildlife has given its nod for the project, for diversion of the forest cover within the sanctuary. Meanwhile the DRDO is yet to submit the Wildlife Management Plan to the Board, which would permit the construction of the Facility inside the Sanctuary.
Accordingly the Rs 1,000 crore project, after completion, will be a
feather in the cap of India's missile launch strength. Already, Andhra Pradesh
is home to one of the country's two satellite launch centres, the Satish Dhawan
Space Centre in Sriharikota.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018