More than 11 resorts and staying places which were obstructing the pathway for elephants in Nilgiris were sealed by the government, and this included a resort owned by popular actor Mithun Chakraborty as well. Areas near Ooty like Masinagudi, Bokkapuram, Singaaram and Vaazhai Thottam are areas prone for movement of elephants. While these areas had lands allocated for construction of houses, they were used for building other structures.
Opposing this building of resorts and other residential structures in this area, there was trouble for movement of elephants and hence a case was filed against this in High court and an appeal was further made again at the Supreme Court. The judges who enquired the cases ordered the immediate sealing of 27 out of 39 resorts constructed without permissions, and also ordered verification of documents of the remaining 12 resorts, and seal them as well if there's no permission given.
While these resorts were given time
till August 25, as they failed to Submit documents, 11 of them except one which
was a house, were sealed, and this included monarch safari resort owned by
actor Mithun Chakraborty as well.
First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS) According to sources Arunachal Pradesh becomes the first State in North East India to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS), a solution developed by the Madras Security Printers, a company specializing in system integration and solutions for e-governance projects. Recently the End-to-end e-PDS system,
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi