Tirupur sources stated that in a worrying trend garment and knitwear exports continue to decline since 2017 from the ‘dollar city’. Meanwhile this has prompted the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to press for immediate remedial measures from the Central and State governments to improve the competitiveness of the sector and bring back knitwear exports on the growth trajectory.
As per report the 28th annual general body meeting of TEA was convened in Tirupur on Saturday. Moreover after the meeting, president Raja M Shanmugam said, “the total ready made garments exports from India clocked Rs 1,07,679 crore in 2017 - 18 compared to Rs 1,16,508 crore achieved in the previous year of 2016-17.
Furthermore the TEA Chief added However, in the
first four months of the current year, total knitwear exports came down to Rs
16,732 crore against Rs 19,182 crore clocked for the corresponding months in
2017-18, a negative growth of 13%. Moreover according to him, the impact on
exports after implementation of GST and consequent reduction in duty drawback
and rebate of state levies (ROSL) is quite evident from the continuous decline
in exports. Further he suggested that sliding exports could be brought back to
the growth trajectory only by enhancing our competitiveness.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!