Tirupur sources stated that in a worrying trend garment and knitwear exports continue to decline since 2017 from the ‘dollar city’. Meanwhile this has prompted the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to press for immediate remedial measures from the Central and State governments to improve the competitiveness of the sector and bring back knitwear exports on the growth trajectory.
As per report the 28th annual general body meeting of TEA was convened in Tirupur on Saturday. Moreover after the meeting, president Raja M Shanmugam said, “the total ready made garments exports from India clocked Rs 1,07,679 crore in 2017 - 18 compared to Rs 1,16,508 crore achieved in the previous year of 2016-17.
Furthermore the TEA Chief added However, in the
first four months of the current year, total knitwear exports came down to Rs
16,732 crore against Rs 19,182 crore clocked for the corresponding months in
2017-18, a negative growth of 13%. Moreover according to him, the impact on
exports after implementation of GST and consequent reduction in duty drawback
and rebate of state levies (ROSL) is quite evident from the continuous decline
in exports. Further he suggested that sliding exports could be brought back to
the growth trajectory only by enhancing our competitiveness.
UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1 Lucknow sources stated that government doctors in Uttar Pradesh under the banner of Provincial Medical Services Association UP announced their decision to wear black bands on October 1 in support of their demands including promotion issues and non-practice allowance. A statement issued by the association said "Government doctors across the state will register their protest
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee