Tirupur sources stated that in a worrying trend garment and knitwear exports continue to decline since 2017 from the ‘dollar city’. Meanwhile this has prompted the Tirupur Exporters Association (TEA) to press for immediate remedial measures from the Central and State governments to improve the competitiveness of the sector and bring back knitwear exports on the growth trajectory.
As per report the 28th annual general body meeting of TEA was convened in Tirupur on Saturday. Moreover after the meeting, president Raja M Shanmugam said, “the total ready made garments exports from India clocked Rs 1,07,679 crore in 2017 - 18 compared to Rs 1,16,508 crore achieved in the previous year of 2016-17.
Furthermore the TEA Chief added However, in the
first four months of the current year, total knitwear exports came down to Rs
16,732 crore against Rs 19,182 crore clocked for the corresponding months in
2017-18, a negative growth of 13%. Moreover according to him, the impact on
exports after implementation of GST and consequent reduction in duty drawback
and rebate of state levies (ROSL) is quite evident from the continuous decline
in exports. Further he suggested that sliding exports could be brought back to
the growth trajectory only by enhancing our competitiveness.
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam