Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that the 82 year old Kumari just stared on as other inmates tried to lay a floral carpet on the courtyard of a flood relief camp in Alappuzha district. The homemaker, overcome with memories from last year's celebrations with her family "She had never ever imagined that we would not celebrate another Onam at that house in the same way”.
She said “Unprecedented rains and floods have flattened our home." Meanwhile Kumari is among the over 8 lakh people who were displaced by the deadly floods and are now living in thousands of relief camps across the state after losing the savings of their lifetime. Reports added the devastating deluge, which has so far claimed 265 lives, has taken the sheen out of the state's most awaited harvest festival, Thiru Onam.
Moreover in Chengannur, a relief camp inmate said the Onam festivity may
be a low key affair this time, but we will overcome and definitely celebrate
next year in our homes. As per report young Nandana, who returned to her home
from a camp in Kochi, is busy drying her textbooks and notes as the sun came
out this morning. She said "There is no pookalam due to floods and many
in the camps, sang 'Onam pattu' (songs), laid out flower carpets and prepared
'sadya' (feast) in an effort to bring some joy into their lives mauled by the
unprecedented rains and floods, the worst the state has faced in a century.
Special Focus Hide
4 soldiers die in a fight! Earlier yesterday morning, the defense forces had a gunfight with militants in terrorist prone Pulwama area in Jammu and Kashmir, and in this fight, 4 soldiers lost their lives. Today morning, the defense forces started an encounter operation against terrorists hiding in Pinglan area of Pulwama district.
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know