While there are various reasons being cited for the huge rains and floods in Kerala, a Karnataka BJP MLA has given a whole new reason for the rains. After Kerala was impacted by huge rainfall, everyone started accusing one or the other as the reason behind the rains. On another end, there are accusations that there's no coordination between Kerala electricity board and water resources department.
A section of people has accused that Tamilnadu opening the Mullaperiyar dam has been the major reason behind huge floods. Other than these, global warming and destruction of forests were also cited by several people as reasons behind heavy rainfall. While all these reasons had a scientific reasoning behind and had a rational thinking process, two reasons were totally controversial.
One of them was the reason said by a group of people that it was because of the anger caused by people's demand to let women into Sabarimala that lord Aiyappan caused the rainfall to punish Kerala, as said by Auditor Gurumurthy. Now, Karnataka BJP MLA Pasan Gowda Patil has said that the consumption of beef by Kerala people and conducting of Beef festival last year are the reasons behind the heavy floods, and added that once BJP gets to rule Karnataka, they will ban killing for beef.
Pasan Gowda's talk even without thinking of other states consuming beef not affected by floods has got instant criticism. Now people are asking him the reason why Kodagu in Karnataka also got affected by floods.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?