While there are various reasons being cited for the huge rains and floods in Kerala, a Karnataka BJP MLA has given a whole new reason for the rains. After Kerala was impacted by huge rainfall, everyone started accusing one or the other as the reason behind the rains. On another end, there are accusations that there's no coordination between Kerala electricity board and water resources department.
A section of people has accused that Tamilnadu opening the Mullaperiyar dam has been the major reason behind huge floods. Other than these, global warming and destruction of forests were also cited by several people as reasons behind heavy rainfall. While all these reasons had a scientific reasoning behind and had a rational thinking process, two reasons were totally controversial.
One of them was the reason said by a group of people that it was because of the anger caused by people's demand to let women into Sabarimala that lord Aiyappan caused the rainfall to punish Kerala, as said by Auditor Gurumurthy. Now, Karnataka BJP MLA Pasan Gowda Patil has said that the consumption of beef by Kerala people and conducting of Beef festival last year are the reasons behind the heavy floods, and added that once BJP gets to rule Karnataka, they will ban killing for beef.
Pasan Gowda's talk even without thinking of other states consuming beef not affected by floods has got instant criticism. Now people are asking him the reason why Kodagu in Karnataka also got affected by floods.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!