As per report taking a leaf out of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s book, Congress President Rahul Gandhi used his Europe tour to reach out to non-resident Indians, or NRIs a group largely known to support Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in recent years. Furthermore throughout the tour, he targeted Modi for his style and policies, bitterly attacked the BJP and its ideological parent, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), and tried to project him and the Congress party as a better alternative.
Accordingly Gandhi comes from a family where access is carefully controlled and only a select few are allowed to reach its members, but in London, he gave the impression that he is accessible to the common man and is even mingled with the guests at his gatherings and shook their hands. Moreover by targeting Modi and raising the issue of the alleged threat to India's institutions under his government, Gandhi was trying to become the darling of the intelligentsia that supported the BJP in 2014.
Recently in Europe,
Rahul Gandhi cleverly avoided talking about his own ambitions of becoming Prime
Minister. Meanwhile he didn't want other opposition leaders to stop dreaming
about that ambition and thus jeopardize their support for an anti-BJP front
during next year's elections. Moreover as Sikhs are in large numbers among the
NRIs, he has only managed to provoke their anger against the Congress party.
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open