As per report taking a leaf out of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s book, Congress President Rahul Gandhi used his Europe tour to reach out to non-resident Indians, or NRIs a group largely known to support Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in recent years. Furthermore throughout the tour, he targeted Modi for his style and policies, bitterly attacked the BJP and its ideological parent, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), and tried to project him and the Congress party as a better alternative.
Accordingly Gandhi comes from a family where access is carefully controlled and only a select few are allowed to reach its members, but in London, he gave the impression that he is accessible to the common man and is even mingled with the guests at his gatherings and shook their hands. Moreover by targeting Modi and raising the issue of the alleged threat to India's institutions under his government, Gandhi was trying to become the darling of the intelligentsia that supported the BJP in 2014.
Recently in Europe,
Rahul Gandhi cleverly avoided talking about his own ambitions of becoming Prime
Minister. Meanwhile he didn't want other opposition leaders to stop dreaming
about that ambition and thus jeopardize their support for an anti-BJP front
during next year's elections. Moreover as Sikhs are in large numbers among the
NRIs, he has only managed to provoke their anger against the Congress party.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes