Chennai sources reported that the prices of vegetables in the wholesale and retail markets plunged across the city, as the inflow of vegetables from various districts and other states has been increasing. Meanwhile even as the traders attributed the fall in prices to the heavy rainfall and good harvesting, market management committee at Koyambedu pointed out that a sizable number of lorries transporting vegetables to the rain battered Kerala returned to Koyambedu market, as road infrastructure in Kerala state was badly affected.
As per report they have been suffering a lot due to the dip in prices. A trader at Koyambedu market said “We intermittently face such kind of issues and the price of tomato, which a month ago sold at Rs 20, has come down to Rs 8. Similarly, the prices of vegetables like drumstick, brinjal, cabbage, radish and beans have dropped by 50%”. Further, the number of lorries coming to Koyambedu has risen to around 400, as many lorries have stopped plying to Kerala. “So, the inflow of vegetables remains as a trigger to the prices”.
Meanwhile as per report a vendor at
Purasawalkam retail market said vendors from retail markets sell
the vegetables at higher prices. He added “Since vegetables
are available in abundance at wholesale markets, we are selling the same
at 10 to 20% higher than purchasing price”.
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers