Chennai sources reported that the prices of vegetables in the wholesale and retail markets plunged across the city, as the inflow of vegetables from various districts and other states has been increasing. Meanwhile even as the traders attributed the fall in prices to the heavy rainfall and good harvesting, market management committee at Koyambedu pointed out that a sizable number of lorries transporting vegetables to the rain battered Kerala returned to Koyambedu market, as road infrastructure in Kerala state was badly affected.
As per report they have been suffering a lot due to the dip in prices. A trader at Koyambedu market said “We intermittently face such kind of issues and the price of tomato, which a month ago sold at Rs 20, has come down to Rs 8. Similarly, the prices of vegetables like drumstick, brinjal, cabbage, radish and beans have dropped by 50%”. Further, the number of lorries coming to Koyambedu has risen to around 400, as many lorries have stopped plying to Kerala. “So, the inflow of vegetables remains as a trigger to the prices”.
Meanwhile as per report a vendor at
Purasawalkam retail market said vendors from retail markets sell
the vegetables at higher prices. He added “Since vegetables
are available in abundance at wholesale markets, we are selling the same
at 10 to 20% higher than purchasing price”.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers