MK Alagiri has issued a warning that if he was not reinstated back to DMK Party, the party members will have to face dangerous consequences. DMK members MK Stalin and Duraimurugan had filed nominations for the post of party Chief and treasurer and they did not face opposition from anyone, and were selected unanimously as the party president and treasurer, and the announcement is set to be made officially in the general body meeting.
In such a scenario, MK Alagiri, who has been planning a march on September 5th, has been in discussion with several DMK members, and the talks are going on for the fourth day. Yesterday he had given an interview from Madurai. He had said, "As Karunanidhi is no more, I wanted to save the party. If they don't join me back into the party, they will face extremely dangerous consequences. Even when Kalaignar was the chief, he had told to reinstate me into the party. However several people had stopped him from doing that, and there are still people who do not want me to join back DMK.
I was silent till Karunanidhi was
alive, but now the party has reached a bad phase, and I had requested people to
include me into the party, but they did not listen. Hence I have directly
jumped into the arena, and I have planned this march for my followers’ request,
and it is only because of their demand".
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!